Monday, December 8, 2008

"The ball is round, a game lasts 90 minutes, everything else is pure theory."


Lola Rennt (Run Lola Run)
Tom Tykwer, 1998

This film came to me extremely hyped. A contemporary international film class of mine raved about it. Friends of mine raved about it. It resulted in the Napoleon Dynamite effect for me-- it took a pretty good film I would have otherwise enjoyed and built it up so much I left feeling disappointed.

I knew before I sat down the story would come in three iterations and I knew how they would end. There were some happy surprises along the way and although I was unimpressed throughout the first go around, I liked the movie more as it went on.

However, when all was said and done, I wasn't blown away as others assured I would be.

Kinda Dug It.

No comments: